How Do I Join Development Team
Lately, we've been receiving a lot of PM's asking how we can join the Dev Team. Therefore, we're making this topic so that you know what the requirements are and what you can do or not do to become a Dev Team Member.
The following is the main criteria:
1. You must always be polite to your co - members.
2. You must practice the Gandhian principle that if someone slaps you on one cheek, you offer the other. Therefore, if someone is offensive, you must be polite and courteous. Everything can be solved with patience and maturity.
3. Your conduct must be exemplary and outstanding.
4. You cannot have any warnings against yourself. If you have been warned even once, then you become automatically disqualified from being part of the Development Team.
5. You must be available. You can't join the Dev Team and go on a 5-year vacation.
6. You must NOT be a spammer!! Having 50,000 posts doesn't guarantee you to become a Dev Team Member ... neither does having a 100 posts make you a great candidate.
7. We are looking for maturity and the ability to handle responsibility.
8. We are looking for creativity - someone who can take on a section and make it active with contests, interesting topics, etc.
Some other things to remember while applying for Dev Team Positions:
? If you want to be part of the Team, please PM the Moderator or Channel Moderator of that specific section. Please do NOT PM the GM's or Admins unless that section is missing a Channel Moderator
? If you want to become part of the team then YOU need to PM us, not your friend. Please don't get anyone to refer you. You need to PM us yourself and let us know which section you would like and what you will be bringing to the Team.
? Once again, make sure that you do NOT have a warning against you before applying!!
? You MUST be an active member of the section you're applying to. you must be a regular visitor & poster of that section. If you have a history of posting interesting topics and making meaningful posts, you will definitely be considered for the position. On the other hand, if you have a history of making irrelevant or useless posts, then that will work against you.
Other Helpful Information:
What can you get a warning for?
1. Posting external links, pictures/videos/articles from external forums (that contain external links).
2. Advertising - other sites, forums, etc.
3. Bashing other members, Dev Team Members, Celebrities.
4. Using inappropriate language. There is ZERO tolerance for profanity.
5. Posting inappropriate pictures, videos, articles.
6. Posting one-liners is Spamming. Examples: "Thank you", "Thanks for posting", "tfs", "hey sup?", etc. One PM warning will be given. If you fail to listen, then Warning Level will be increased.
7. Repeatedly posting "Where is today's update/video?" topics.
8. Instigating members, making topics a war ground.
9. Arguing and fighting instead of healthy discussions.
What can I do to be considered for the position?
1. Getting permission from Mods for creating Discussion/Topic/Contest of the week.
2. Providing insightful comments and arguments in discussion topics. Paying more attention on discussing rather than fighting/arguing.
3. Trying to stop fights/meaningless arguments between members.
4. Reporting posts that need to be closed/trashed to section Mods or CM's.
Want to become a Writers Club Member?
1. If you update a show that comes more than 2 times a week, then you must be a regular updater for at least one month. If you have been writing updates for a month or more, please PM the Mod of that section and speak with them about your chances of becoming a Writers Club Member.
2. Same rule applies for Video updates. For shows that come more than twice a week, they must be updated consistently for at least a month for us to even consider you.
3. DO NOT post updates/videos without the consent of the Channel Mods/Mods If the section already has an updater, we will not need another one unless the other one is not consistent.
4. If you are providing written updates or Video updates for shows that come only 1-2 times a week, then you need to provide updates consistently for at least TWO months.
5. Consistency - This is the key to becoming a Writers Club Member. You MUST be a regular updater. If you can only provide updates for certain days in the week, that's fine - as long as you are consistently providing it on those days.
6. Language - Please try to keep the updates neat and clean - i.e. without too many personal comments. Also, try to put them in simple English, rather than slang or SMS language.
7. If you are updating Videos, please ensure that the video does NOT contain any link to external sites/forums. This is considered advertising and you will end up getting a Warning Level increase for that.
8. Similarly, please write your own written updates. Do NOT copy them from other forums/sites. If you take them from sites