Smita Thackeray's Kalki to be launched on COLORS will have Amarr Upadhyay, Jaya Bhattacharya and Ashutosh Rana playing important roles...
Smita Thackeray's mytho cum fantasy based show Kalki is the next big launch on COLORS as far as fiction is concerned. Her production house named after her son is called Rahul Productions.
As reported earlier, Kalki is a combination of mythological as well as fantasy based show, wherein 60-70% will be based on fantasy and the remaining 20-30% on the concept of mytho. The show boasts of big names from television as well as Bollywood.
As per our source, "Amarr Upadhyay and Jaya Bhattacharya will be seen essaying important roles in the show".
Lord Vishnu has ten avatars, and the Kalki avatar happens to be the 10th avatar taken in the Kalyug. Amarr Upadhyay will play the previous avatar of Kalki, called Atharva. His will be a long-running role.
We tried calling Amarr Upadhyay, but he remained unavailable.
Jaya Bhattacharya could not talk to us, as she was pre-occupied in a meeting.
If the buzz is to be believed, Meenal Kapoor will also play an important role in the show. Ashutosh Rana has also been finalized to play a big role. The show has already gone on the floors, and the first promo is expected to be aired soon.
The actor to play the main role of Kalki has not been finalized yet. Kalki will be seen as a cool dude, somebody like our MTV VJ. The show as reported earlier, will be rich in visual effects.
For More News:Indian Television and Bollywood Entertainment Portal, Movies, Music, Tv, Hollywood, Reviews, Telly News - Desitvforum